In this tutorial, we will learn how to add pages in blogger and we will also see how to create menu tabs by using these pages. By default, we will not get any ready-made menu editor in our blogger dashboard. We have to create some pages, custom menu links and then we have to add those via a widget in blogger. Creating pages is very easy in the new blogger admin area. It is a matter of few clicks. But Adding a menu by using those pages is the challenge.
If you are using any custom blogger template then you may get a custom drop-down menu too. But if you are using one of the default blogger templates then you have to create your menu by your own. We can create pages and menu tabs very easily in any default blogger template. We will see step by step how to do it here.
How To Add Pages In Blogger?
Step 1: Login to your blogger account. At the left menu, you will see the “Pages” section. Click on that.
Step 2: Now you will see the “New Page” button at the top of the page. To create a new page you have to click on that.
Step 3: Here you will see the blogger page editor. First of all, you have to put the page title (Page Name). Now paste the page content inside the page body.
Step 4: At the right side you will see “Page settings” section. Here you should set up the optimal settings for your page. Like you don’t want to accept readers comment on this page. You can turn it off from the page’s “options” panel.
Step 5: So click on the “options” and select the “Don’t allow” radio button to turn off reader’s comment on this page. Leave the rest as default. Now click on the “Done” button and publish your page by clicking on the “Publish” button.
To create more pages please repeat the process. Your pages will be listed under the “Pages” section of blogger. You will see all of your newly created pages here.
- Create contact page with Stylish Blogger Contact Form.
- Create A Responsive HTML Sitemap Page In Blogger.
In this way, you can create important pages in blogger. After creating some pages, now it is time to add these into a menu and show those menu tabs on our blogger blog. Let’s do it.
How To Create Menu Tabs In Blogger?
If we need to create a basic navigation menu (menu tabs) in our blogger blog then we can add pages, labels and some external links in our menu. Naturally, we create the menu of our blog to give our readers a clear navigation of our blog.
So we can show important pages and categories in our menu. As we know that we cannot create categories in blogger so, we can filter our blog posts through labels. And it is very important to know how to add pages, labels and external links in the blogger menu as menu tabs. I will show you step by step:
Create menu tabs in blogger with pages:
We have already created some pages. Now we will add those in our blogger blog’s menu tabs. To do that:
1. Go to the blogger dashboard and click on the “Layout” section.
2. Now locate the area where you want to add the menu tabs. In my case, I have chosen the header area of my template to show the menu. Click on the “Add a Gadget” link.
3. A popup window will open. Scroll down and find the “Pages” gadget. Click on the blue “+” button to add it.
4. Here you will see all of your previously created pages are listed. Select the pages you want to add in the menu by clicking on the check boxes as shown below:
5. You can drag and drop the menu tabs to rearrange the order. Note: Please remove the title of the widget and leave the title box empty as shown above to use this gadget under the header. Now click on the “Save” button.
Go to your blog and reload it. You will see the menu tabs. You have successfully created menu tabs (Navigation Menu) in blogger with pages.
Create menu tabs in blogger with labels:
Still, we have created pages and menu tabs by using those. If you wish to add some of your labels (Categories) in that menu then follow these steps:
1. Go to the “Layout” section and click on the “edit” link of the “Pages gadget (The gadget you have added previously at the above step 3)”.
2. Here you will find a link named “+ Add external link” right after the gadget title. Click on the link. In the “Page title” box, put the name of your label (Category) and put the URL of your label inside the “Web address (URL)” box.
3. Click on the “Save Link” button as shown above. Now you will see the label is added to the menu. You can drag and drop to rearrange the order of the elements of your menu tabs. Click on the “save” button.
Go to your blog and reload it to see the menu tabs of your blog. Now you know how to create menu tabs with pages, labels and external links in blogger. In this way, you can create a simple navigation menu for your blogger blog.
But if you wish to add a custom menu with more functionality (Responsive, drop-down etc) then take a look here: add a responsive drop down menu in blogger. So here is the step by step solution on how to add pages in blogger and create menu tabs. I hope you like this and please don’t forget to share this to support me.