You can enable Google plus comments in Blogger to unlock some powerful features of its. In fact, it could be more user engaging rather than the, as usual, treated comment platform of blogger. Enabling Google plus comment for your blogger blog will let you build a better blogging community and social signal. Moreover, Leaving a comment through google plus comment platform is much easier than the default blogger commenting system.
In my opinion, the default comment system is not useless. Thousands of blogger is using this comment form to have the valuable comment from their readers. But if you find other comment platforms (Like Facebook or Disqus comment for Blogger) more efficient for you and your users, I will suggest you give a try. Presently, many blogger and WordPress users are enabling many third-party comment system to their blog to increase the user engagement.
For this reason, you can also enable Google plus comments in blogger to see how your readers react. If you find it more encouraging for your readers, you may stick with it. Otherwise, you are free to use whatever comment system you want. But before taking any decision, let’s see some features of google plus comments for blogger and how it can help us to grow a strong community and followers. Also, we will take a look on some major restriction of its.
Pros of Google Plus Comments System.
If we think deeply, we can have some effective features by enabling Google plus comments for our blogger blog. Actually, we are considering these features as pros of this comment system. Let’s take a look at some major benefits to having this under every blog posts.
Prevent Comment Spam: One of the most common and disturbing things is comment spam for a blogger. Actually, there are two types of comment spam you will see in blogsphare. One of them is the automated comment from spam bot (most dangerous and annoying) and another one is human spam.
Although blogger threaded comment system has its strong spam filtering for spam bots, it can encourage human spam by allowing links with anchor text, website URL, and anonymous comment. On the other hand, Google plus comment system will prevent automated spam bot comments and also discourage human spam by offering them to comment with their google plus profile.
Encourage Users To Leave Comment: Google plus comment platform create a comment bridge between your blog and google plus. Every linked post of your blog will show google plus comments both on your blog and Google plus. That means, if you have a comment on a specific post on google plus, it will also show under that blog post too. As a matter of fact, you will have more comments.
More Social Media Exposure: Using Google plus comments will bring your Google plus community directly to your blog. Actually, it is a great way to increase your blog’s social activity and signal. In fact, the social signal is considered as a ranking factor by Google so it could help you to increase your blog traffic too.
Better Comment Privacy: Google plus comment system will let your readers choose the option to make their comment either private or public. Therefore, it is more user-friendly too.
Comment Modification: It will allow users to modify their comment after publishing. For this reason, people find Google plus comment system more flexible. Moreover, if they wish, they will be able to delete their comment.
Easy Comment Share Opportunity: Google plus comment form will contain a checkbox to share an individual comment on google plus while publishing. Also, people will be able to show their feedback on any comment by using the “Google (+1) Button”.
Cons of Google Plus Comments System.
Before implementing Google plus comments in our blog, we must think about some major limitation of its. I am considering all of these following points as cons of Google plus comment system.
- You will not be able to synchronize existing Google Plus comments while changing the blog URL. That means, if you enable Google Plus comments in blogger, your existing comments will disappear after migrating to a custom domain. Also, if you wish to go back to the threaded comment platform or any other third party comment system like Disqus, you will lose your existing blog comments.
- Your readers will not be able to comment on your blog without a Google plus profile. It may decrease the user experience and be a reason to lose some comment you were supposed to have.
- If you are dealing with adult content on your blog, you will not be able to enable Google Plus comments blogger. Also, Google Plus comments system will not work for any private blog.
- The comment moderation process will be little complicated if you choose to moderate every comment before publishing. Because you have to visit that particular post to manually approve a comment.
How to Enable Google Plus Comments in Blogger?
1. You must use google plus as your blogger profile to enable google plus comments in blogger. If you are using Google plus profile for your blogger blog, you can directly enable google plus comments otherwise:
Go to the Blogger Dashboard > Settings > User settings section.
Choose Google+ as shown above and click on the “Save settings” button at the top right corner.
2. Now click on the “Posts, comments and sharing” under the “Settings” section as follows.
3. Scroll down a little bit to find “Google+ Comments”. Finally, change the settings to “Yes” as shown above and click on the “Save settings” button at the top right corner.
You have successfully enabled Google plus comment system for blogger blog. To check the comment form is working, visit any of your blog posts and scroll down to the end of the post. If you can’t see the form, follow this guide to troubleshoot.
I have shown how to enable google plus comments in blogger, its pros, and cons. Hope this guide will help you to take the correct decision wheater you will use or avoid it from your blogger blog. If you have any opinion, please share your feedback by leaving a comment.